Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Whoops, Week 4 thing 9


24 Jul

Posted by grady as Tech News

"Although Facebook has been gaining quite of bit of steam lately in the social networking arena, another company is now claiming they stole the idea from them. The owners of Connect-U has claimed that Mark Zuckerber(Facebook Founder) was supposed to write some code for Connect-U but instead opened up Facebook a few months later. Facebook has now grown to about 31 million users and continuing to grow daily. The founders of Connect-U have filed a suit and want a judge to shutdown Facebook and turn it over to them. If Facebook did indeed steal the idea from Connect-U I really don’t think any judge will grant them what they are asking, plus Facebook contends that there is no proof of any of this."

Technorati Tags: Facebook, Connect-U, Social Networking,

This was an interesting article; partly because a patron was trying to get into Facebook, and had to have it unblocked by us. He pitched it to me over Myspace as the older people's place to go. Interesting. I'm back tracking since I forgot to make comments when I visited MERLIN, Feedster, and Topix.net. I like this site the second time around because I can use tags better than I could before I started 23 things.

No comments: